Tuesday, April 18, 2017

It is finished.

Yesterday morning saw me at Marion County Fish & Game bright and early, with three hundred rounds of 9mm ammo and a grim determination to finish up the Wilson's ordeal so I could clean it.

This is weird. I normally don't care if a gun is filthy, but for some reason I want the Wilson to be all shiny and pretty.

And soon enough it was done. There were no malfunctions of any type to report, and I'd even saved that box of 124gr HST jacketed hollow points for last, to see if they'd function in maximum filth and dryness. Of course they did.

This gun has run like a sewing machine for 950 rounds of Winchester 124gr NATO Q4318 FMJ, 950 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ, and 100 rounds of Federal 124gr HST ammunition with no cleaning or lubrication. The only malfunction was an underpowered near-squib round of Q4318 that left the empty case in the chamber. That one doesn't count against the gun, since it would have done the same in any other pistol. Nice QC, there, Winchester.

Would I trust this gun enough to carry it? Hell yes. Sample of one, and everything, but it's as reliable as any Glock or Sig I've tested, and way more so than the Canik or the Steyr were.

I'll take it apart this afternoon and get some closeups of the filth.
.